FaceTime is a free video and audio calling app available exclusively for iOS devices. FaceTime app is not currently available for other platforms, but it’s under development for Android platform. FaceTime is similar to other messaging apps like WhatsApp Messenger or Facebook Messenger. But there is no native option to record the conversation by recording the calls from the FaceTime. So we have provided the various guides to record FaceTime calls on any iOS devices.
Steps to record FaceTime call on Mac OS X:
Use the following steps to record FaceTime calls on Mac OS X devices. We will use the Quicktime screen recording feature which is available in the Mac computers.
- Open the Quicktime app from the Mac from the application folder or the dock.
- Click on the file in the menu bar new screen recording option.
- Click on the arrow next to the record button in the Quicktime application window.
- Choose internal microphone from the list of the available microphones and launch the FaceTime app on your Mac computer.
- Click on the record button in the Quicktime app, click the screen to record the whole screen or click on drag over the system window to the only record the FaceTime.
- Connect the FaceTime call with a user to record it.
- After the call is completed, click on the stop recording button in the menu bar.
- Now click on the file option and then click on save.
- Set a name on the file and choose any desired location to save the recording.
Also Read: Best Call Recording Apps
Steps to record FaceTime calls on iOS(iPhone/iPad):
Use these following steps to record FaceTime calls on iPhone or iPad with the help of Mac OS X. As recording option on the FaceTime call on iPhone is not available natively, that’s why we need to use the Mac computer to record the FaceTime call.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad with Mac using lightning cable.
- Open the QuickTime app on your Mac from the application folder or dock.
- Click on the file option on the menu bar and then click on the new recording.
- Click on the arrow next to the record button in the QuickTime app window.
- Now from the list of available cameras select the iPhone to record FaceTime calls.
- You need to unlock the screen of the iPhone to make it appear in the QuickTime windows.
- Now make sure the volume is turned on, as by default it will be off.
- Open the FaceTime app on your iPhone and click on the record button in the QuickTime on the Mac computer.
- Connect a call on iPhone using FaceTime app on your iPhone.
- Now click on the stop button on the quit window and stop the recording after the FaceTime call is finished.
- Set a recording by giving a name and choose the desired location where you want to save.
Also Read: Call Recorder for iOS
We have researched on the internet about FaceTime and recording its calls on various iOS devices. We are listed the various guides to record FaceTime calls on various iOS devices. Share this article with other iOS users, so that they can also get in hands with this information which can be used to record FaceTime calls in iOS devices.